Thursday, June 2, 2011

May Update

I see I haven't posted anything on here in a while so I thought I would just give a quick life update.


I graduated from UNL on May 7th which was a very exciting day.  I know a lot of people don't walk to get their diploma but it was something that was important for me to do as an ending to my four years of college.  There are a lot of things that I am going to miss about being a student in Nebraska but I am looking forward to the next chapter in my life.


For three weeks after that I continued working at Elliott elementary school doing the before and after school program through the YMCA.  Last Friday was my last day there and although the kids have definitely been a challenge it was sad to say goodbye to some of them.  I will especially miss the people that I worked with but hopefully I will still see them around.


I played in a sand volleyball tournament a couple of weekends ago and the morning play was terrible.  It had rained a lot the day before so the courts were covered in standing water and we were just playing really bad.  We didn't win a single match during pool play and ended up as the 10 seed out of 15 teams for the tournament.  The first two matches both went to 3 sets but we came out on top both times. Then we won the next match in 2 sets but they both went above 25 points.  We were playing the first seed team in the finals and we won pretty easily which was really exciting! We couldn't believe that we went from playing so bad to actually winning but we did it and we won some money so that made it that much better!


The rest of this summer I will be working at a summer camp that is run by the campus recreation center.  They do a lot of fun activities and I get paid to play things like kickball, dodgeball, and laser tag so it should be a good summer!


I think that's it now but I'll catch ya on the flip side!

No comments:

Post a Comment