Friday, August 5, 2011

The End of Summer

So it's been a few months since I've posted and I was thinking it was time so here it is.  
This summer has gone by so fast and I don't know how I feel about that.  Below are some things that have happened in the past two months to catch you up:

  • Got 2nd place in a 4x4 sand volleyball tournament where we had to win through the loser's bracket against really tough teams!
  • Won a 6x6 sand volleyball tournament that wasn't that competitive but we won some good money.
  • I moved to a new place for at the beginning of July that I will soon be moving out of...
  • Won a gold medal playing indoor volleyball for the Cornhusker State Games!

  • Spent a weekend in Kansas City at Worlds of Fun with some good friends!
  • I finally decided to start "playing" ultimate Frisbee for real this summer.  Most of the people I know have played for years and I've resisted playing for the last three years but it actually wasn't too bad and we won the league which was awesome!
  • I gave a presentation for my year of service at church one weekend in June and I was so humbled by how generous people were in their donations and support of me. God is so good!
The next week and a half are jam-packed with stuff.  Tomorrow my parents are having an open house so people can wish me luck before I go. I think it will be a weird feeling saying goodbye so we'll see how it goes.  It will be nice to see a lot of people though!
Then some friends and I are going to Chicago for a few days and coming back on Thursday.  Then I am in a friend's wedding on Friday and the rehearsal is Thursday night. I leave for a week of training in Chicago the next Wednesday and then Africa after that! I have a feeling it's going to come really fast.

I'm going to end with a song by FFH called Follow Love that I seems to fit perfectly for my year of service:

You can listen to the song here and see the lyrics below.

I'm gonna miss this simple town full of memories
I'm gonna miss just hanging out with all my friends
The rainy days and summer nights
Skipping stones by the river side
But i know.. its time to go



So here's goodbye here's so long
I must go and follow love
I feel my heart moving on
I must go and follow love
Carry on while I'm gone
This is what I've been dreaming of
I'll miss you so
But i must go, go and follow love



I've got a heart that's full of dreams and a little bit of crazy
I can feel it pulling me to somewhere I have never been
I'm packing up and leaving home
To travel into the great unknown
It's time, I have to go



So here's goodbye here's so long
I must go and follow love
I feel my heart moving on
I must go and follow love
Carry on while I'm gone
This is what I've been dreaming of
I'll miss you so
But i must go, go and follow love



We're not guaranteed tomorrow
So we must just keep on living for today
and make the most of every moment
every step along the way



So here's goodbye here's so long
I must go and follow love
I feel my heart moving on
I must go and follow love
Carry on while I'm gone
This is what I've been dreaming of
I'll miss you so
But i must go, go and follow love

No comments:

Post a Comment